Sunday, March 8, 2009

Salmon with Basil Pesto

I found this recipe in better homes and gardens. I am always looking for new ways of cooking Salmon and liked it. It definitely needed the pesto for full flavor.

4 - 5 oz fresh or frozen salmon fillets ( I used 1/2 of Costco salmon which I think was about 20 oz
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1/4 tsp kosher or sea salt or 1/8 tsp of salt
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
1/4 cup prepared basil pesto ( I only used 1/2 of the container and hope to find a good recipe to use the other half!) I will try to post what I find.

1. Thaw salmon, if frozen. Place salmon fillets on greased unheated rack of broiler pan. Measure thickness of salmon. Brush salmon with 1 TBSP of balsamic vinegar; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Broil salmon from heat for 4 to 6 minutes per 1/2 inch thickness or until salmon flakes easily with a fork.

2. Meanwhile, in bowl whisk together remaining vinegar and pesto until combined and eat along side of salmon. ( I honestly didn't measure the pesto and balsamic vinegar).

No comments: