Wednesday, March 19, 2008

My Favorite Cookie Recipe

This is my absolute favorite recipe ever. It actually started as a chocolate chip cookie recipe that I found online and then my neighbor and I got talking and we decided to change it a little.

2 1/4 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup butter (you can put a little less in if you would like)
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup white sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla

1 package of ANY flavor instant pudding
chocolate chips, crasins, nuts, or whatever goes with the pudding you choose

Cream together butter and the sugars. Mix in the INSTANT pudding mix. Add eggs and vanilla. Mix in flour and baking soda. Add whatever mix in you chose (chocolate chips, crasins, etc)

Bake for 10-11 minutes at 350 degrees.

The classic recipe is made with vanilla instant pudding and chocolate chips. Some of my favorite combinations are banana pudding/chocolate chips, white chocolate pudding/chocolates chips AND dried cherries, and thanks to my friend Jenny butterscotch and butterscotch chips. WOW!

4 comments:

Taylor, Melanie and Grace said...

I've been meaning to get this recipe from you....thanks for posting it!

Jen and Russ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jen and Russ said...

Are these the cookies you made for Jake's blessing? They were so good. Thanks for the recipes!

Leslie said...

Yep, Jen this is the recipe. I found that I like the no name brand vanilla pudding instead of the Jello instant vanilla. I think it makes better cookies, plus the no name stuff is cheaper.