Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Turkey Burgers with Mustard Sauce

Oh turkey burgers! I love them! I think I've already posted another one of my favorite turkey burger recipes but this one is fabulous too. You really should try them both. Recipe comes from BHG.

4 kaiser rolls or hamburger buns (I use toasted hamburger buns)
1 lb. ground raw turkey
1 egg, lightly beaten
3 Tbsp. honey mustard
1/4 tsp each salt and black pepper
1 Tbsp. olive or cooking oil
1/3 cup light may
1 medium tomato
1 medium avocado, pitted, peeled and sliced
1 cup bread crumbs


In large bowl combine turkey, egg, bread crumbs, 1 Tbsp. of honey mustard, and the salt and pepper. Shape turkey mixture into four patties.

In an extra-large nonstick skillet cook turkey patties in hot oil over medium heat for 12 minutes, turning once, or until no longer pink.

For mustard sauce, in small bowl combine mayo and remaining 2 Tbsp. honey mustard. Layer buns, burgers, tomato, avocado, sauce.

*I usually make about 6 burgers out of this recipe. Last night I just made the turkey burgers and ate them without buns. I skipped the rest of this recipe and topped the burgers with the coleslaw recipe from this recipe. So delicious and you skip out on those all those bun calories.

No comments: