Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Melanie's carribean chicken salad

Have you ever tried the carribean chicken salad at Rumbi Grill? One of my favorites. I was craving it today so I thought I'd try my hand at something close to it. I skipped the rice and added a few different ingredients. It was sooooo good. I think I could have eaten the whole bowl. Really. I could have.

About 3 bunches of romaine lettuce, rinsed and chopped
3 cooked chicken breasts, cooled and diced
1 medium red onion, diced
1 can sweet corn, drained
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained well
1 large can pineapple tidbits, drained
2 small cans or 1 large can mandarin oranges, drained
3/4 cup feta cheese crumbles
2 handfuls of tortilla chips, crushed
Ken's honey mustard dressing

Mix all together in a large bowl and serve with honey mustard dressing.

1 comment:

Whitney said...

Tried it tonight and LOVED it!!