Sunday, August 3, 2008

Kinnersley's Famous Bean Dip

Okay I will try to start to post here more often.  Here is one of my favorite recipes.... I usually just throw things in, taste and add what I think in needs,  so these sizes are approximate, so start with a little less and then see how you like it. 

Bean Dip
1 Small can of Refried Beans (Rosarita Refried are the best, but you can get any kind and add more spices)
2 TBSP of brown sugar ( I like more to make it sweeter, my mom does left)
2 TBSP of Ketchup
1 to 1.5 Tsp of minced onion (or a couple of shakes of onion salt)
1 cup of cheese

Melt together in pan on Medium heat
Serve with tortillia chips, tortillias and cheese or 7 layer dip (see below)

7 layer dip

1st layer - Bean Dip
2nd layer - Sour cream
3rd layer - Gaucamole made from 2 avacados and a packet of Gauc mix
4th layer-  Shredded cheese
5th layer - Olives and diced tomatoes

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Ooooo...I'm excited for this recipe. :)

Leslie said...

Yeah Heidi you posted...I am excited to make this recipe! Thanks for sharing.