Saturday, August 23, 2008

Pork of Love

After not wanting to BBQ Pork, but needing dinner fast, I found this recipe in the Favorite Brand Name All- new Best-Loved Recipes of all Time cookbook! Dave and I both LOVED it! I don't usually like hot fruit, like in pies, but I acutally LOVED the apples! Here it is...

4 Pork chops, 1/2 inch thick (ours might have been thicker and they were fine)

1 TBSP Oil (I used olive oil)

2 medium Apples Cored and Cut in eight wedges (I used our apple slicer and it was perfect)

1 Cup Apple Juice

2 cups Cornbread Stuffing ( I didn't know if I should cook it before adding or not, so I did... when you try it don't, just add the dry stuffing in at the end. --Soggy stuffing was okay, but could have been better.)

1/4 cup chopped Pecans ( I didn't add these, but I am sure it would be good)

SPRINKLE chops with salt and pepper. Heat oil in large skillet on medium-high heat. Add chops and apples; cook until chops are browned on both sides.

STIR in apple juice. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 8 minutes or until chops are cooked through. Remove chops from skillet.

STIR stuffing mix and pecans into skillet. Return chops to skillet; cover. Remove from heat. Let stand for 5 minutes.

PREP TIME: 10 minutes
COOK TIME: 20 minutes

(Makes 4 servings)

1 comment:

Melanie said...

I made this for dinner tonight. Really yummy! Thanks Heed!