Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Dinner tonight

I thought I'd just post what I made for dinner tonight. I just made my own meatloaf and it turned out so good I thought I'd share my recipe with you girls. The other sides I cooked were not created by me but they are fabulous recipes as well. I also bought a ton of fresh fruit yesterday so I decided to whip up a fruit cobbler. So good!

Meatloaf- a la Melanie

1 and 1/2 lbs. ground beef
1 and 1/2 cups dry bread crumbs
1 whole egg and 1 egg white
1 and 1/2 tablespoon's Worcestershire sauce
1 medium onion, diced
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 (8 oz.) can tomato sauce

Combine all ingredients, except tomato sauce, using your hands to make sure it gets mixed together really well. Press into a loaf pan and spread tomato sauce on top. Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour and 25 minutes.


Crispy Potato Wedges

1 potato per person
olive oil
"Season All" seasoning or any other blended seasoning you have

Peel potatoes and cut into halves three times (ending with about 8 slices per potato). Arrange slices on baking sheet and lightly brush each slice with olive oil. Lightly dust all potatoes with seasoning. Bake for 45-55 minutes at 425 degrees. Watch for the edges of the potatoes to start browning and getting crispy.


Perfect Roasted Carrots

4 large carrots
Kosher Salt
freshly ground pepper
olive oil

Peel carrots and cut in 1/2 thick diagonal wedges. Toss together with olive oil. Place on baking sheet and sprinkle with Kosher salt and pepper to your taste.


Easy Batter Fruit Cobbler

2 tablespoons butter
3/4 cup flour
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
3/4 cup milk
2 cups of fresh fruit (I used blueberries and strawberries)
1 Tbsp. sugar

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Put butter in an 8" square pan; set in oven to melt. When butter has melted, remove pan from oven. Whisk flour, 3/4 cup sugar, baking powder and salt in small bowl. Add milk; whisk to form a smooth batter. Pour batter into pan, then scatter fruit over batter. Sprinkle with remaining 1 Tbsp. of sugar. Bake until batter browns and fruit bubbles, about 50-55 minutes. Serve warm or at room temp. with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.

No comments: