Sunday, April 5, 2009

Chicken and Green Beans in a Peanut Sauce

I have tried several peanut sauces and have finally mixed several recipes to make my own. Let me know if you like it.

2 chicken breasts
1 lb green beans
rice
chopped green onions

I cooked two chicken breast in peanut sauce (see below) for 1 hour at 350 degrees. Trimmed and cut the green beans and cooked the rice.

Peanut Sauce
In a sauce pan combine:

1 1/4 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup peanut butter (I used creamy)
2 tbsp honey
1/2 tsp chile powder
1 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp lemon juice (fresh or bottled)

With about 15 minutes remaining to bake add the green beans to the chicken and peanut sauce. I cut up the chicken and serve over rice with green onion.

3 comments:

Melanie said...

This looks delicious! I'm going to try it next week.

Taylor said...

I made this for dinner tonight. It was so yummy! Thanks for the recipe Les.

Melanie said...

Um, whoops. That was me that made that last comment.